Are you headed to Cyclocross Nationals in Reno and hoping for one more opportunity to practice the fight? Do you just want to help “train” those who are? Do you simply want to race your ‘cross bike in January? Well, Team S&M & Sellwood Cycle Repair offer the opportunity!
“In partnership with Liepold Farms & OBRA, Team S&M/Sellwood Cycle Repair present:
A Cyclocross Training Race”
- Sunday, January 7th at Liepold Farms (14050 SE Richey Road, Boring, OR 97009).
- Course similar to past City of Sandy Corn Cross races
- 12pm: ~40min “training” race run by Erik Tonkin and Bend Endurance Academy’s Bill Warburton; expect feature-packed “mini-course” of ~3min; 3-4 laps “on” followed by brief re-group and re-start—3 or 4 times!
- 2pm: ~50-60min standard ‘cross race; expect 5-6min course
- Registration is day-of only—2018 OBRA membership is required, and $5 day licenses are available.
- Get your money’s worth: adult rider entry fee is $15 and covers both races.
- Junior rider entry fee is $10 and covers both races.
- This is an OBRA sanctioned event—entry fees cover officials, insurance, and on-site medic.
We know there will be a lot of questions! We ask for your patience and will share more details as we have them. Please email Erik or Brenna at “firstname.lastname@example.org” or call 503-233-9392 with questions!
Racing pools promise to be competitive! Riders will be making the trip from Bend and Seattle as well as Portland.
This is a family-friendly race day with opportunities for every rider. Come practice with us one more time. Have fun with us!