- How do I search for bicycles for sale?
- What size bicycle do I need?
- What is your consignment policy?
- What are your consignment rates?
- What is the Availability Date?
- Is there a warranty on the used bicycles?
- Do you guys ship?
- Use the links at the top of the page to browse New Bikes, Used Bikes, or Frames and Parts.
- You can pinpoint your search by using the searchbar or categories on the left side of the page.
If you are unsure of your bicycle frame size, this chart will help get you started.
|Rider Height (ft/in)||Bicycle size(cm)||Bicycle size(in)||Bicycle size(size)|
This is only an estimation of bicycle frame size based on rider height. Please call, email us, or come in to the shop and we will help you find your size.
- Bicycles must be “bike shop quality” and in good working order. Sellwood Cycle Repair reserves the right to decline a consignment.
- Serial numbers of bicycles and frames will be run through the City of Portland’s “NWRAPID” program. The seller’s driver’s license is required.
- Per city code, consigned bikes and frames must remain on site for a two weeks. After that period, the seller retains the right to end the consignment and to pick up the item.
- Per city code, seller cannot be paid or given credit until the end of the two week period.
- Listing prices are agreed upon by SCR and the seller.
- SCR assumes responsibility for the bicycle while on consignment.
- For items selling for $100 and up, the rate is 2/3 to the seller and 1/3 to SCR. If payment is taken as store credit, the rate is 75/25%.
- For items selling for less than $100, the rate will be 60% to the seller and 40% to SCR, preferably paid as store credit only.
- Bike industry employees receive a rate of 75/25% for items $100 and up.
- All used serialized bicycles being sold on consignment in the city of Portland must go through a mandatory 14 day hold period.
- The City of Portland Police maintain a computerized database of bicycle serial numbers that have been reported stolen.
- Sellwood Cycle Repair sends all bicycle serial numbers to the City of Portland Police to check against their list of bicycles reported stolen.
- The availability date listed for a particular used bicycle is the last day of the 14 day hold period.
- Bicycles in the hold period can be purchased now. They can not leave our shop until the date listed.
- There is no explicit warranty on used bicycles.
- We check all used bicycles to be sure they are in good working order before we put them up for sale.
- If you have an issue with a used bicycle that you purchased from us, please call us and let us know. We are reasonable and can always figure out a solution.
- We sell and ship bicycles and bicycle parts all over the world.
- Call us for a shipping quote or e-mail us. Please include your shipping address in the e-mail.