It’s been a while since we highlighted one of our bikes on the site, and boy this one is a doozy!
Watching the steady stream of 2014 Kona’s rolling into the shop, Jason Beasley jumped on the chance to build up a new whip. The new Rove frameset is very similar to last year’s model and was begging for a custom build, much like our old friend Peter did with the 2013 version. As usual, Jason took his time and built this frame up proper. It is intended to be his dedicated long distance/short distance/gravel/commuter/shred machine. It’s a solid beast of a bike and the devil is certainly in the details.
- Purpose: General crushing and possible rando-gnaring.
- Size: 53cm
- Handlebars: Pro Vibe 7 Compact
- Shifters: Shimano 105 2×10
- Stem: Race Face Turbine
- Headset: FSA Stainless Cartridge
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Cranks: Shimano R700
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6600sl
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105
- Seatpost: Thomson
- Saddle: Specialized Romin Expert
- Brakes: TRP Spyre mechanical disc w/ 160mm rotors
- Wheels: Shimano XT rear / Shimano Alfine dynamo front laced to H Plus Son Archetype rims with DT Swiss Double Butted 14/15g spokes
- Tires: Panaracer RibMo PT 700x32c
- Front Light: Super Nova E3 pro dynamo light
- Rear Light: PDW Danger Zone
- Frame Pump: Zefal Classic frame pump